L3 Diploma in Fitness Instructing & Personal Training
Level 3 Active IQ or YMCA Award Diploma in Personal Training and Instruction provides you with all the knowledge and skills you need to develop a successful career as a self-employed personal trainer. The course covers all the elements included in the Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training, along with additional units covering Exercise in the Outdoor Environment, Programming for Sports Conditioning, and Business and Marketing for the Fitness Professional. The qualification is open as a progression route to learners who have completed the Gym Instructor or Exercise to Music qualification.
What does the course cover?
- Anatomy & Physiology for Exercise
- Nutrition for Physical Activity & Performance
- Fitness Testing for Health, Fitness & Performance
- Principles of Training for Health, Fitness & Performance
- Guidelines to Planning, Teaching and Instruction in a Variety of Fitness Environments
- Design & Management of Training Programme for a Range of Clients
- Strategies to Maintain Motivation and Promote Long Term Adherence
- Exercise in the Outdoor Environment
- Conditioning for Sport
- Business and Marketing for the Fitness Professional
How is the course delivered?
The course is delivered using a blended learning approach that combines home study with eighteen days of traditional tutor led delivery. You will be assessed approximately four weeks following the last taught session of your course, when you will be required to submit your case study and undertake a viva.
How is the course assessed?
- Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology Theory Paper
- Level 3 Nutrition for Physical Activity Theory Paper
- Nutrition for Physical Activity Case Study
- Practical Assessment of Ability to Administer a Range of Fitness Tests
- Practical Assessment of a Personal Training Session
- Personal Training Case Study
- Practical Assessment of an Group Outdoor Session
- Practical Assessment of a Sports Conditioning Session