QCF Level 3 Certificate in Warehousing and Storage
About this Qualification
This qualification is suitable for all learners aged 16 years and above who are capable of reaching the required standards. It is made up of mandatory units and optional units which are based on knowledge and skills. Some of these optional units allow the learner to achieve above the level of qualification.
It is an ideal qualification for someone wishing to work in the Warehouse environment but can cover other environments.
To achieve this qualification, learners must complete a minimum of 40 credits.
Learners will have to complete 16 credits from Mandatory Group M:
- a minimum of 9 credits from Option Group A (3 units),
- a minimum of 4 credits from Option Group B (2 units),
- a minimum of 6 credits from Option Group C,
- a minimum of 3 credits from Option Group D
- a minimum of 2 credits from Option Group E.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification but learners will need to be at least 16 years of age. Learners will need to be working, volunteering or on a practical placement as part of the assessment process which involves evaluating skills in real working situations. It may be beneficial for the learner to have previously studied a Level 2 Certificate in Warehouse and Storage
All units are internally assessed and externally verified. Assessment enables the learner’s workplace practice to provide evidence for individual units as well as the whole qualification. Methods of assessment include:
- Direct observation of practice
- Witness evidence
- Professional discussion
- Reflection on own practice in real work situations
- Written assignments
- Learners own plans and written records
The units will be a pass or refer; all the assessment criteria of the chosen units must be achieved in order to obtain a pass.